Sunday, April 6, 2008

Anchos Southwest Grill, Riverside

If you've never had Anchos, don't start going now. Why? Because, we can always get a table without a wait and I don't want you screwing it up for me.

In all seriousness, I love this place. We pulled in after church today, and of course, they sat us immediately. They accommodate our 10 month old well although every one wants to give her those dang crayons. Drink and chips and salsa came almost immediately. The salsa is made fresh, so you can expect it to vary from mild to fairly spicy. It's blended, and I prefer chunky, but the recipe is tasty, so I'm ok with it.

It's about this time that one of the great treats of eating at Anchos shows up. A tortilla maker sits in the middle of the dining room, churning out hot, fresh flour tortillas which they serve with pats of real butter. Honestly, I could just feast on these, with a side of their fantastic pinto beans, but that might not be the kind of customer they're looking for.

Anyway I had the #2 Combo, Two Chicken Enchiladas, a chicken taco, and a pork tamale with rice and beans. The rice is fair, but I really like their beans. It's enough food that even a big guy like me took some home. My wife had 3 seafood enchiladas with beans and rice. She ate 1 there and had the other two for dinner. It's a lot of food, especially when you factor in the chips and salsa and hot tortillas (which we asked for a second helping). So, we usually get out of here for about 16 bucks when the wife has 1 ala carte Seafood Enchilada and I have the Special, but today it was about 30. When you consider we got lunch and dinner out of it, not too bad.

The service here is always great. I mentioned a couple of times we never wait for a table here. The refills come quick and the food comes really fast. And, you are never looking around for your server when you need something as they come by often. I can't recommend it enough. Anchos Southwest Bar and Grill is located at 10773 Hole Ave.
Riverside.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

I miss Anchos....

Tony said...

Anchos... mmmmm...